The Village Hall is located on School Hill approximately 90 yards down the hill from Village Street at the top of the road. The entrance, which is signposted, is opposite the bottom of the church graveyard. It’s postcode is CV33 9AL. There is a small car park on the north side and a small public field on the south side with some children’s play equipment. Click here for more information on the facilities. To enquire about booking the hall please click here.
The original building (constructed in 1878), started life as the village primary school. This was extended around 1920 to accommodate extra classrooms. By 1976 the number of children in the village had decreased and the school was forced to close. The building was purchased by the community as a village hall, and since that time local people have put the hall to good use. As other local services have dwindled, the village hall has become increasingly important as a focus for village life.
In 2005 the hall was extended and greatly improved with financial help from many organisations and individuals. It now offers a modern and adaptable facility with 2 halls and a kitchen, suitable for Wedding receptions, Family celebrations, Birthday parties, Meetings, Charity events, Voluntary groups, Clubs & Societies and other social events.